Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Joy of Teaching

I just taught the first class last night of Restorative Yoga. I love my students on Monday nights. I have at least 3-4 students who have been coming to my classes for 3 years! It's truly an honor. I realized after class what joy I get out of teaching. It's the sharing about me and the practice of yoga that makes it joyful. I had so much fun helping them relax in the postures; to help them be in their bodies. This time of the year we get so into our heads and I really stressed that in class. It was my invitation to them really stop and just be in the body. Be with breath. I know this can be difficult for people who aren't in their bodies which I did mention a bit, but the first step is observing the breath and the way it is in your body.

I gave them a little homework assignment! Ha! I love it! I asked them to practice at least one of the poses we did in class for at least 5 minutes everyday and to see what happens. I can't wait for next week!

No comments: