Monday, October 26, 2009

After the performance....

So the show I put on with my fellow co-producer/collaborator, Limbo: What Happens Between, was a success! I can't believe it's over. All that work really paid off and then when it's over, one can say, "what now?" or what I say, "Alright! Time to pamper myself!". That is what I'm doing this week. I put my body, mind and spirit through a lot this weekend and it was all very wonderful. But my body is feeling the toll and I could use some bodywork! Today, after work, I'll be getting deep tissue and then Thursday some Vibrational Healing Massage. Overall, I'm very happy with the way the show turned out. We got great feedback from people and people loved it! I'll be posting some video footage of just my piece. I have to say, my work is very personal, intense and cathartic. I had an emotional release after my performance on Saturday night. I really went deep into those dark places with my piece. That's really what butoh is about in many ways. Allowing to let yourself go into those places and let go of what you think you are or how you may look to others. Things really can manifest in this work which is why I would love to teach it. So many things I wanna do! We'll see.

No comments: