Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moving forward

It was a hard thing to decide, but it's time to move on. I decided to drop my *Daly City yoga class, and pass the reigns onto another great, up and coming teacher. I'm still going to teach in San Francisco at 24 Hour Fitness and sub at the YMCA when needed. I'm also curious and open to see what other opportunities are out there in the yoga teaching world. I will miss my Daly City students, and do hope they continue their practice and going to class. This class was my first real teaching gig ever! So there's definitely a lot of history there, and growth within my teaching over the years.

So what next?

I feel 2011 will be about recharging, revamping and refreshing my practice as a yoga practitioner and teacher. I will take more workshops and trainings for myself, so I can continue to grow in my yoga practice. In a way, I feel I've neglected that most important part about being a yoga teacher: practice! It's time to focus my attention there and see where it takes me. I miss going to class, not just for the yoga part, but the community of other like-minded individuals and yoga enthusiasts. I miss that network. I feel the withdrawal and the craving. It's time to step back into myself and see where I'm at in all of it. I'm so excited, open, and grateful!

**Leeat Louvton will be taking over my class on Monday evenings at War Memorial Community Center in Daly City. For more information, go to www.doelgercenter.com and check out the class schedule.

Namaste!

No comments: