Wednesday, April 13, 2011

5 Questions for Yogis to Ask Themselves from Yoga Journal Blog

5 Questions For Yogis to Ask Themselves | Top Five Tuesdays | Yoga Blog | Yoga Journal


I have been asking myself similar questions this year. Falling off the wagon can be so easy (for me), but getting back is not so easy, especially if you've been off it awhile! I've started to get back into my yoga practice and study one baby step at a time. I even cut down on the teaching as of this year because I was feeling so drained from teaching a class. I also started opening up a yoga book here and there. I really appreciated this blog post from Yoga Journal (see full post by clicking the link above). It was no accident I read this. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I miss my connection with yoga! I know I lost my intention and purpose along the way somewhere, and that's okay, we all do! But it's time to reconnect that spark again.

As for the final question below, "when you take a step back to think about your practice as a whole, what questions do you ask?" Lately, for me, it's been, "why am I still doing this?" "Why do I still get onto my mat?" "What is this doing for me?"

If your a yoga student, practitioner, and/or teacher, do you fall off the wagon of practicing and attending classes? What do you do about it? Check out the questions below from the Yoga Journal Blog:

1. What is the real intention behind my yoga practice?

2. Am I getting the results I'm seeking from this style/school/teacher/class? Should I even worry about results?

3. Do I really feel better after I practice than before? Am I more energized or less? Is my mind calmer and less stressed? Is rushing to get to the studio more trouble than it's worth?

4. Am I too comfortable with my current sequence/teacher/studio? Is it time for a change? Should I force change or let it evolve naturally?

5. Should I devote more time to my yoga practice or explore new ways to de-stress?

When you take a step back to think about your practice as a whole, what questions do you ask?

No comments: