Monday, February 6, 2012

What butoh is for me...at this point

See what I've been up to in my butoh practice and teaching HERE.

It's been such an amazing time to be able to practice butoh and other movement exercises. I feel like I'm reconnecting to an old friend or a past life. It's a time to play, investigate, inquire, transform, create new work, and cleanse. I find butoh very therapeutic for me, which is why I've never stopped doing it because I always want to see what it has to show me next. It opens the channels, frees up space, and may even answer some questions. Or, it's just another way to move my body, in addition to yoga. I feel butoh isn't about technique. It's about everything. Everything about yourself and your body. The way it moves and feels its surroundings. There's no right or wrong way to do it. It can be on a subtle (external) level and/or deep (internal) level. It's really up to the practitioner.

That's what makes it so fun. So come play soon!

No comments: