Thursday, April 17, 2008

Holistic Health and Loving What Is

What a concept! I've been learning immensely in the Holistic Health program I'm currently enrolled in. I've met wonderful people, learned wonderful, new things about living. The book I'm reading for one of my classes is "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. The title says it all. This author explains "The Work" which is a 4 question inquiry into our thoughts. It's how we think of our judgements on people, places, concepts constantly where it doesn't change and only makes us feel terrible. It's so simple it's crazy!

How can we change a negative thought/judgement into a more stress-free thought? For example, people walk all over me. Instead, I walk all over people. It goes more deeper than that but that's just off the top of my head. This "work" is very inspiring and I want to do all the time. Also, the shoulds and should nots. These words always make me feel bad. In The Work, it shows how to turn the statement around and see it from another perspective. It's so eye-opening.

I will continue to love what is as that will bring me happiness and joy.

No comments: