Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My weekend of classes and The Work

I just learned about The Work by Byron Katie. She wrote "Loving What Is" which pretty much says it all.

From the website www.thework.com:
"The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It's a way to understand what's hurting you, and to address your problems with clarity.

People who do The Work as an ongoing practice report life-changing results."

It's truly amazing stuff. However, a lot of "stuff" came up for me while doing this process (me and everyone else in class). I couldn't believe how much resistance I had towards this practice. The questions that you ask yourself are so simple, yet incredibly difficult. It's scary when you go to that place of suffering and begin to experience it again.

After class on Sunday, my mind was racing, so I had to go for a nice, long walk and get some fresh air. However, a lot of things carried over onto Monday but I realized it was just my mind talking shit again. Some tears did come up again but I felt like it was the last of them for awhile. It's like when you hold back tears and all of sudden they well up again the next day or next week or month.
All I can do is breath.......

No comments: