Monday, September 28, 2009

Moving on, moving through with yoga

So my body is in transition from the birth control pill. Since my last post, I've been having episodes of strong emotions and moments of mood changes. I'm glad that I know things still work down there, especially for the day when I actually want to conceive a baby! Over the weekend I definitely had some ups and downs with the mood, but I was so amazed and happy for myself that I stayed present. I didn't let the "symptoms" take over. I acknowledged them and gave myself compassion about it. I mean, if this is what my body needs to do in order to find balance again, then let's go with it! I'm sick of resisting. Just let it flow, literally! I'm glad I had performances this weekend because the movement and expression helped move that energy along. It brought me back into my body, to the temple. Sunday afternoon was when I really let it move. After I finished some laundry, I decided to do some yoga for the menstrual cycle, even though my body was experiencing something else. I just felt out of balance. I needed to bring myself back into balance. I did a wonderful hour of restorative yoga, geared toward the process my body was going through. I welcomed the sensations with ease, taking deep breaths and had the aid of some essential oils. Aromatherapy and yoga, what a concept! I'm doing this all the time now. I already noticed a difference in my overall self after the first pose. Yoga really supports the whole body's system. As I moved from one pose to the next, I could feel my mood shift and my body relax. I felt like I was coming back into me. One can get so lost when there's so much going on around them and with them. I'm keeping an eye on how things progress and will call my GYN if need be. But the more I relax and let go around it, the more progress I see happen faster and better! This has inspired me to teach this yoga to women. A yoga class/workshop geared toward women's health around the menstrual cycle. I know this involves more training but maybe starting off simple would be a great start.

No comments: