Friday, January 11, 2013

There's always a come-back after a set-back

As I reflect back on the goals I made here,  I did get about 50% of it done.  That's awesome, considering I experienced some setbacks.  So let's pay attention to the positive.

What I DID do:
- handed in my transfer application, personal statement, high school transcripts
-submitted a FAFSA form for financial aid (not on goal list but part of the process)
-sent recommendation forms to appropriate individuals to fill out and send to the school
-sent a NY State form to my previous massage school to fill out and submit
-scheduled my willPower & Grace videoshoot for January 20 (submission date may need to change since I put January 21)
-received a Cranio-Sacral session

Reading these accomplishments, I do feel good; however, there's that little voice inside my head saying,"You should've done more!", "you're not going to get it done", "this is too hard", "FUCK IT!".  This is the setback that I experienced (and still experiencing).

That is an old part of me.  A part of me that's protecting me from failure.  Yes, I have a fear of failure.  I've done a lot of work around it, but this past week it came back strong and kicked me in the ass HARD.  Now, I'm working on turning it around.  Changing that fear into love and compassion for myself with all this work I'm doing to do what I want to do. 

I'm just trying to manage it all, and boy, is it tiring....I will get there.  I will make a come back with this setback.

No comments: