Monday, May 5, 2008

Why can't this always happen?

On Saturday, I decided to celebrate cinco de mayo with a few margaritas w/ friends at my fav mex resturant, Puerto Allegre in the Mission. We had a yummy feast and yes, a few pitchers of margaritas between the 5 of us. Then off to another bar down the street for beer. I knew what I was getting into (especially when you've read my past blogs about drinking alcohol).

It was a fantastic day! I set an intention for myself for the day that I would create laughter, fun, play and community. When we got to the bar we joined in on a fabulous dice game with some people. Even though some of them were the hipster-type, they were super friendly cool! We were playing this game, laughing, connecting and having fun.

My husband and i left around 6ish and yes, I was drunk! But just enough, that I do remember the walk home, the route I went etc. I also remember the conversation I had with my husband, so this is good! (hee hee hee)

When we got home, we decided to order chinese food. As I sat on the couch, that's when the motion started. I wasn't actually moving, but it sure felt like it. So I decided to go to the bathroom and hang out there for a bit. I did the classic position: kneeled down beside the toilet bowl and rested my arm on the side and then my head. Then 10 min later I puked. When I was finished, I went to bed. this was 7:30 I think.

The next morning I woke up feeling like a million bucks! A little dehydrated, but no headache and no queasiness. Wow I thought to myself, "Why can't I do this everytime I drink too much?". I had friends in college who could do this on command if they felt the need. I personally hate puking, so would avoid it as much as possible.

Anyway, I actually did stuff on Sunday w/o feeling horrible. Still, I wouldn't do this every weekend....;-)

No comments: