Thursday, November 13, 2008

When it's been awhile....

I always have a twinge of anxiety when I'm going to perform and it's been months. I just finished school and put the dancing on the back burner. The last time I performed was August which isn't a long time, but I feel like it is. I'll be performing next weekend at a very low-key, informal venue which comprises of some of the most amazing, supportive butoh and performance artists in the bay area. There's a BIG part of me that just wants to improv and then a little part that says, "You need to rehearse!". Sometimes it's just more fun to improv. It's a time to REALLY play with the audience and what comes up in the internal. Butoh is so internal for me but as I write this, playing with the external might be the way to go. The internal is much more juicy but maybe it's time to change it up. Take risks! Wowsers! Now that will be fun!

No comments: