Friday, May 15, 2009

I love giving and receiving massage

I have to say being in massage school has been a blessing. Not only do I get to see the coolest people ever every week, but I get the opportunity to give and receive massage. I have been receiving massage for about 8 years now so I definitely know what I like and don't like. But to be able to give someone a swedish massage is really an awesome experience. You're totally connecting with this person on a different level. They totally vulnerable, yet you hold the space with safety, kindness and openness. You're there to guide them through their own healing.

However, I learned how important it is to take of myself as a practitioner. Stretching before and after is key. I realized when I woke up this a.m. I didn't stretch after class. So I sit at my desk, I notice my body yearning for some stretching, especially after giving swedish.

It's so fun learning this stuff and I don't wanna stop.

1 comment:

Mathias said...

I feel you, Liz. The mere fact of helping an individual ease his tension and pain through massage is incredible. As a massage therapist, you literally have a set of ‘helping hands.’ By the way, how’s it going now? :]

- Mathias Michelakis