Monday, March 10, 2008

The 3-week diet challenge

So I've been off wheat, gluten and dairy for the past 3 weeks (not so much with the dairy--it's hard!). I've definitely felt the difference in my digestion and overall mood/energy. But now my appt is pushed back to next week! What I've realized is that if I have a little food with gluten or wheat in it, it doesn't do too much damage. But, this past friday, was a different story. I went to a tasting at a restaurant with coworkers for this company we're having and the majority of everything had wheat in it. The thing I forget about is SAUCES! There are so many sauces out there that have wheat in it and who knows how much. About an hour after eating it, the fogging head set in and lethargia. I couldn't believe it. These reactions only last about 2 hours, but I'm pretty spent afterwards. I drank some Kombucha which fixed me up, but still had to take it easy. I ended up eating salads all weekend....

No comments: