Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Mind Chatter

I had my first day of class last nite in the Holistic Health Practitioner Program. It was really comforting b/c the other 26 people in the room have the same thoughts as I do. We all have that mind chatter both positive and negative going 24/7. "Will I make the right decision?", "I don't have money to go back to school", "What if...what if...what if....what if...."
We all have this. We discussed various ways on how to channel this, be present with and accept it. A lot of stuff I had heard before and other stuff just made my eyes pop open. but what was also nice was that there was laughter in the room. The fact that we can laugh about it is so important. Laughing at myself (in a nice way) hasn't been easy for me. I would usually just beat myself up if I made a mistake or bad decision. And these things can be sooooo small. I've definitley noticed how "too" seriously I take things. It feels good to loosen up.

I'm very excited for the weekend's classes. I already feel certain changes happening within myself. The mind chatter is even funny and I will learn to laugh at it because it's just me and my experience to the situation at hand. No one else is doing it.

:-)

No comments: