Thursday, January 21, 2010

rain

lately, the rain has been constant. i feel like it's been a heavy weight on me. i can't seem to get out of bed easy. i sleep fine through the night. go to bed at a reasonable, early hour. now i find myself drinking coffee right now which i never do. the rain has slowed down but it's still coming down. still cloudy, dark sky. perhaps i need to do a rain dance. or a yoga practice for the rain. some kind of ritual that will acknowledge it's presence. it's been raining since saturday. i know for sure i could never live in seattle. not much has come up for me this week. just heavy. weight. dark. my yoga practice this week has consisted of forward bends which makes sense. typically, backbends would be more beneficial because at least you're awakening the heart. but my body has been wanting to go more inward in my yoga practice, especially this week. i will just honor that and not analyze it too much.

No comments: