Monday, June 28, 2010

I am Celebration (revisited)

So I wrote the entry below in October of 2009.  Its contents visited me yesterday morning as I was driving to teach my Sunday morning yoga class.  In fact, it was the main theme for the day, and I shared it with my students.  I talked about celebration. That it's not just for the big things, but the little things as well.  I found this old post I wrote and how I was celebrating the fact that I completed clinic hours in just one of my modules for massage school. 

It's the little things that really matter.  Those things that we may oversee or take for granted.  I see how celebrating gets you closer to what you want. I want to celebrate the Human Resources dept at my work for giving me the support I needed recently.  I had many dates of un-reimbursed medical claims (money that I paid out of my pocket) that I'm getting back! For whatever reason, the insurance company wasn't reimbursing me, and kept saying they needed to resubmit this or that claim again, and it was going to take up to 30 days to process! I cried over this twice; and finally, I decided I'm not going to worry about this anymore. I'm not going to put my energy (my vibration and attention) to this anymore.  Instead, I sought help from HR/Benefits at my job, and within a few weeks, mission accomplished! I trusted that it would all work out, and conveyed my patience in the most constructive way possible.  I "kept my cool." My intentions and goals were to receive more understanding, consideration and respect out of this.  I wanted to be heard, and I was. I received all of the above.

I know I should celebrate my proactivity in contacting HR, but I'm so grateful for having the person I had.  HR depts really get a bad rep sometimes and, yes, I have definitely contributed to that bashing in the past. But I honestly am so grateful for them right now and I want to CELEBRATE!  I told HR how much I appreciated their help and support through this, as it was so confusing and frustrating.  I want to celebrate my job for providing the health care plans.  

 I am gratitude and celebration! Now, it's time to get that pedicure I've been talking about....


 From October 2009

I am celebration!

I have to celebrate that I completed my massage clinic hours for one of my modules! Yaayyy! It gives me a sense of accomplishment and validity, that, Wow! I can really get through this program! Yes I have had mind chatter and negative self-talk about completing the massage program I'm enrolled in, but seeing results is so invigorating to my whole being! Bodywork is connection. Connection to everything in the body, mind, spirit and soul. During my holistic health program last year, we had to write our life's purpose. My life purpose was (is) "I am love and acceptance". I want to expand on that, "I am love, acceptance and celebration". I want to put the energy out into the universe that I will receive, love and accept everything in my path, regardless of positive or negative. Wow, this feels great in my belly right now!

I've realized that you can celebrate anything--waking up in the morning, getting out of bed, eating a meal, tying your shoe, etc. It doesn't have to be this huge thing. Whatever it is to you is what matters.

What do you want to celebrate?

No comments: