Friday, June 11, 2010

Yerba Buena Park in San Francisco, CA

Today on my lunch break I took a stroll down 4th Street to Yerba Buena Park.  This picture only shows a bit of it.  To the right is a soothing water fall; to the left is The Metreon (shops, movie theater, etc.) and ahead is downtown/financial district.  It's about 75 degrees, which is NICE for San Francisco. No fog or crazy wind.  It's called the "June Gloom" this month because it's usually foggy and windy.  But YIPPEE bring on the sun and warm temperatures! 

So here's a photo of my feet, viewing the water fall.  It's a moment I just want to freeze.  Although, the sounds around me were of people chatting, cars, sirens, and other city noise, I focused my attention on the waterfall and my breath.  Even the occasional breeze would happen and I would let my entire body bask in it, as well as the sun, of course.  One of things I love about San Francisco is that you can always find a park in the city. You can find some grass and trees, and just park yourself there for 5 minutes or 5 hours.  Bring some food, beverage, a book, friends or just yourself. It's a great way to take a break and relax.

No comments: