Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Proactive in my biz

I want to be more proactive in my business.  I'm practicing my biz part time right now, which is fine, but I'm starting to get that itch for more.  I've had this itch before, and usually made some excuse as to why I can't do it.  Yes, I have some debt to pay off and the full time job is helping with that. I'm also seeing results! Something that I thought I wouldn't see...literally. It's happening!! So why not move forward with my passions. what I really want to do.

I have a rough checklist in my head of what I want to complete; however it's always better when you write it down:

1. Redo my website on weebly and transfer my domain by Sept 20
2. Complete my remaining massages classes on Sept 26 (already done)
3. Set up meeting with student coordinator at massage school by August 27
4. Submit my application for massage license in SF/CA with fingerprinting and photo by October 20
5. Teach a movement class in November

I like five items. If I add more, I get overwhelmed and feel I gotta do it all.  That's where I stop being proactive, and more reactive.

My progress so far is going pretty well with #1.  I'm still working out some kinks with the new website, but overall, I feel great about it.  #2, I'm already signed up for the remaining massages classes I need to complete, so I already feel it's done!  #3 is easy and takes 5 minutes.  #4 and #5 will come once I have my meeting with the SC to see how much I have left in hours, and solid ideas set for teaching a movement class. 

It's all stuff I want in my life.  So I want feel joy and excitement in my body about them; while I'm doing them; and when they get done.  Even if little bits get done, I'm going to celebrate that! 

2 comments:

Stella said...

Five items is a good rule of thumb. Mine is up to thirteen today and I realized that was a bad omen :)

Unknown said...

That's funny because I want to keep adding more!