Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Running

I can't believe myself, but I went running/jogging last night.  This is huge so I acknowledge myself for putting my judgments aside about running and just doing it.  It was mostly walk/run, run/walk.  I'm starting off slow.  My left knee started to tweek a little, and then later on before bed, it was my right hip near the groin area.  I know it's my body responding to the running, but I'm still taking it slow and watching the sensations.

I woke up SOOOO refreshed! It was the best feeling ever.  I felt clear, energized, and ready for the day.  I can't remember the last time I felt this way.  I got up earlier than usual, so I meditated, did yoga and then made myself a fruit smoothie!

Backing up a bit, after my walk/run, run/walk, I was walking back to my apt, when I felt this wonderful, inspiration to do something challenging. I declared that I will run in Bay to Breakers in May! It's a 12K run, but a very non-competitive, laid back, fun run.  It started in 1906 after the big earthquake hit SF, and this event started as a way to bring more high spirits to the city after all the devastation from the quake.  Thousands of people now are running or walking it. It starts at the Bay (Embarcadero area) and ends at the Breakers (Ocean Beach).  There's lot of celebration in the air during this event, and I want to be apart of it. 

Even if I don't run the whole way, I'm going to finish!  My husband is going to join me and whoever else.  Some people dress in costumes, or nothing.  That's San Francisco!  It's like Halloween in the Spring! Wish me Happy Training!

No comments: