Monday, October 13, 2008

New stuff is good stuff

So many changes have come, gone or are still in the process. I feel change is always happening. We have mini-deaths and mini-births happening simultaneously without even realizing it. I'm enjoying my new teaching position at 24 hour fitness! I never though I'd find myself teaching in a gym, let alone using it! I always had a judgement about gyms because my first experience was at college and it was always a big fashion show everytime I went there (it was also free too). I was also in a different head space back then (7 years ago) and compared myself to all the skinny girls wearing themselves out on the treadmills. Exercise is so important, not just for your physical health, but mental health as well. I feel now when I go to the gym, I'm going for me and there happens to be a bunch of other people going as well, but for their own reasons and desires.

I also will be changing my Daly City yoga classes around a bit and even adding workshops in here and there. Although I would love to add another day in Daly City, I will be starting massage school in January so I'm alternating a new class on the Monday I usually teach at War Memorial. First session of the year 2009 will be Beginning and then the next session will be a continuation of Yoga Beginnng. It will switch back and forth. I feel a lot of my regular students (and me!) need to progress and grow in their yoga practice. It's going to be fun and different. For this December, Relaxation Yoga for the Holidays, a 4 week series. It's for everyone to escape or take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

So, yes, a lot of stuff, but good stuff! I'll also be graduating from the Holistic Health program at World School of Massage and Holistic Healing Arts the weekend of November 7th! I look forward to supporting people as a Holistic Health Coach in getting what they want; helping them live their optimum lifestyle; offering nutritional support and lots of other wonderful, juicy things. My yoga training and background has also been a wonderful suppport for me through this whole process and I can't wait to share w/ everyone!

All the best,
-Liz

No comments: