Thursday, August 27, 2009

Save your Energy

This past week, my energy has felt pretty drained. But I feel today I'm slowly getting it back. I have so much going on right now, my body is telling me to stop. I love massage school, but working full time and choreographing a new dance piece is leaving me with no time to myself or with my hubby and loved ones in my life. I know we have to make sacrifices, in order to have what we want, but if you're getting physically ill or breaking down emotionally, there's gotta be a point to STOP! Let's be with what's happening. I had a "Ah Ha" moment yesterday with a coworker as I was talking about it. In the past, I've been hard on myself when I wasn't able to complete something. I would push myself that at times I would get sick or resentful of what I was doing. There were so many times when I just wanted to quick doing yoga, but another part of me was saying that it's okay to feel that way. Why don't I just take a break? I'm learning my limits and boundaries this week. In other words, it's important to take care of ourselves and if we need to slow down it's okay. It's accepting how far one can go and just being with that. It's also okay to ask for support from others. You don't have to do it all on your own. I do this in my yoga practice and when I teach others in poses. Hey, why don't I just practice it into my daily life!?! Duh! LOL.

I'm glad I can laugh about it now because in the past, I would just dwell in it. I have acknowledged what I'm grateful for and that's what matters:
I'm grateful for my health, my job, my career path, my husband, friends, family, my life experiences, this computer I'm using to type this, the food I ate for breakfast, the sun, and all earthly creations!
Just doing that brought my energy up. I want to bask in joy!

1 comment:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

take a rest n take care friend, life is like tat, got alot of thing to do, mind sometime positive some negative