Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Emotional Cleanse and De-cluttering

It's amazing how we have emotional cleanses sporadically.  I woke up yesterday feeling rather stressed. I was obsessing about money and having all sorts of mind chatter about it.  As I left for work, I began to focus on my breath and the good things in my life. Poof! it went away and i had myself a great day.

But it was after work that something began to brew; to build up; to clog up. Then I found myself in a super-duper funk. My husband asked if it was something he did and I just said, "Nope, I'm just in a funk now." Five minutes after he left for rugby practice, I burst into tears and it was my WHOLE BODY bursting into tears.  I just let it happen. I didn't question why I was crying.  I didn't judge myself.  I just let it be.  I, then preceded to vacuum my apartment (it needed to be done anyway), but I did it with such vigor and purpose.  Then I looked at a particular bookshelf that was beginning to be overly cluttered.  I had wanted to do something about it for awhile now, I was just procrastinating.  I decided to de-clutter a section of it and ended up doing two sections of it.  I was amazed at how much paper I held on to. A lot of it was from my Yoga Teacher Training program, which I wanted to keep but didn't really use it. So I bagged it up, put it aside and will ship by the end of this week.  Wait. I DECLARE that I'm going to ship the yoga notebooks back to my mom's by the end of this week.  Also, I was entralled by the amount of paper I was throwing/recycling away.  It created so much space just in that area overall.

Once this was complete, I felt refreshed and light.  I sprayed an essential oil throughout the apartment and around the bookshelf called Purification, which has a lot of cleansing and disinfecting  properties.  Then I took a bath and soaked for about 20 minutes, meditating and reflecting on the events that took place.  We really can hold a lot of shit in our bodies and in our homes!

I suggest reading "Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" by Karen Kingston.  I had to read this for Lymphatic massage class and I ended up pulling it out last night.  A lot of what happens to us can be a reflection of how we set up our living spaces and the amount of "stuff" we collect. I would love to get a Feng Shui consultant to come to my place sometime.  It's all so very interesting. 

So, what are you holding onto? What possessions in your home do you just stuff in any place? Do you pile it behind doors? in the entry way? underneath sinks? in cabinets? basement? attics? Now, when you actually do inquiry about this, notice how you feel.

No comments: