Monday, April 5, 2010

Fresh Start



I start back teaching my Monday night yoga classes tonight.  It's been 10 months since I've taught this class and I'm excited to see a lot of my regular students.  Last June, I had to make the tough decision to take a hiatus from teaching.  2009 was a busy year for me; starting massage school, personal stuff coming up, and now, I'm finishing up with just a few more classes and make-ups.  But I remember how tough it was for me to come to that decision.  I had to really focus on my needs.  Something that I never really did for myself for years.  Now that I practice this more, it comes easier and more fluid than ever.

Performance has also taken a step forward as well.  I will be collaborating with another performer in creating some work for the Bare Bones Butoh performance series in May.  It feels like it's a new, fresh start to a lot of things for me: yoga and performance.  My current goals this year are to teach a movement/performance workshop and a yoga workshop.  Coincidentally, it's Spring! What a perfect time to start fresh!  The rain has been pretty constant and I finally feel like it's having cleansing effects in my life.  Back in the winter, it felt more like a heavy weight.  My day job hasn't changed much and I'm thankful for that.  It's nice to have a job that I don't mind going to everyday and has good financial benefits as I develop my own biz.  As I prepare to move back to the east coast, my developments now are going to be great practice.  Also, as I complete the massage program, I want to begin seeing clients and perhaps, get a part time job at a spa for the experience.

Yes, lots to do! But I don't feel overwhelmed and burdened by it as I would have a year ago.  I feel I have the tools I need to balance my physical and emotional body.  The more I do this, my spiritual body stays intact. It's an ongoing practice.  It's always happening moment to moment, except this time, I want to be there.

No comments: