Monday, July 19, 2010

Amazing Therapeutic-grade Essential Oil!



I'm so amazed at the power of essential oils!  As an independent distributor of Young Living, I have so much fun playing with their products.  All their oils are therapeutic-grade, which, to me, technically means they're so safe for you, you can eat them!  You won't find any harsh preservatives or additives in them, where you will find in most oils in health food stores (unfortunately).  I'm not saying they're dangerous!  Personally, I'm committed these days to using health and beauty products that are truly organic and natural.

The blend from Young Living that I'm about to rave about is called, Purification.  It's a blend of citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree), and myrtle.  You can diffuse this blend to cleanse and sanitize the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke, and other odors.  It can also be applied directly to the skin to cleanse and soothe insect bites, cuts, and scrapes.

Lately, I've been using it on my pimples and blemishes!  I actually use a little less than a drop because it's that potent.  I've noticed that they haven't gotten any worse or inflamed, in fact, they're fading!  When I was young in middle and high school, I used to use those harsh products such as oxy pads and stridex, which literally just burned my skin.  Purification is so soothing and gentle, I barely feel it after applying it.  It also smells wonderful!

Some other ways I use this blend:

Air Freshner--take 2-4 drops of blend and mix with 8oz of filtered water in a spray bottle.  Change over after 3-5 days

Surface Cleaner--take 2-4 drops of blend and mix with 8oz of filtered water in a spray bottle.  Spray area and let sit for 15-20 seconds and wipe.  Change mixture over after 3-5 days.
**Note if you're going to clean wood surfaces, test a small area first and wait at least 24 hours before cleaning whole area.


No comments: