Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lipstick makes me happy



I wrote this blog about a month ago, but didn't post it because my photo wouldn't upload. Now I got it!


I decided to wear lipstick today. Not just because it's the day before my birthday or that I feel pale today, but, hey, it makes me feel good! It makes me feel beautiful and glamorous! Isn't that why it was invented?

I woke up feeling kinda dreadful this morning and the whole time I was getting ready, I kept trying to look forward to my b-day tomorrow--massage, county fair--let's get excited, right? Nope, it just wasn't going to happen.  My husband wanted to know what was wrong and I honestly told him that I didn't know.  I began to tell him how birthdays can be such a let down sometimes.  That they were so much more fun when you were little.

So then I decided to put on lipstick and said, "maybe if I put lipstick on it will make me feel better."  My husband said, "that's the spirit!" So then, as I started putting it on, all I could think about was the lead and other chemicals in lipstick!  After sharing this with my husband, he replies with, "Liz, sometimes we can't always think too much about things." "THANK YOU!", I said with some relief.  I really needed to hear that.  Sometimes I don't want to know the information I know.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I put that lipstick on, looked in the mirror and it made me smile the biggest smile ever. In fact, that's what I'm going to do every time I reapply!

No comments: