Thursday, February 10, 2011

sleep

I couldn't sleep last night, which never happens to me. I thought maybe it was the cheeseburger I ate for dinner (red meat is a rare for me). I felt warm, but not hot. I could hear and feel gurgling in my stomach, liver/gallbladder area. My mind was going a mile-a-minute. It was just random thoughts and things that occurred that day. Nothing that I was worried about. It was more about things I was excited about. Things that I will be doing soon that feed my passions. Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep. I was too excited about stuff I was enjoying. Usually it's the opposite when you can't sleep. Right? I never have this problem, so it's all new to me. I tried my essential oils. Nothing. Meditation. Nothing. What did it? Watching The Simpsons. Love it! I went to the couch and put on the 13th season. I think I dozed 3/4 of the way through an episode. I went back to bed, and there was still gurgling going on.

I read somewhere that if you have an overactive liver, it can keep you awake at night. At least that's what Chinese Medicine says. It makes sense because liver and gallbladder-emotionally-have to do with fear, irritability, indecision, anger. So how could one sleep if they're feeling like that?

Sleep is very important to me. So when things like this occur, I pay attention. I pay attention to everything. What I ate; what I did that day; what happened that day; where I went; and what people I interacted with. I still don't really know what it was. And that's fine.

2 comments:

Stella said...

It's so smart to pay attention. I know my liver needs some big cleaning out. I've been working up to the idea of doing a cleanse again.

Still, I hope you got to sleep finally!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I slept MUCH better last night. I think there was some hormonal stuff going too because I thought about the-time-of-the-month. Yep, it makes sense!