Thursday, March 11, 2010

why can't i just

Everyday this week I have kept wondering when I can practice or go to a yoga class.  For some reason it's just been hard.  I feel it started from when I was medical leave.  Since I had to take it easy, I completely let myself.  Then when I got medically cleared to exercise and resume activities, I took baby steps with lots of walks and gentle yoga. then I go back to work, life, school and then there's no time! How did I do it before? I was practicing quite well and consistently. So what happened? 

I also have been on a wheat/gluten cleanse this week, so preparing and cooking my meals is priority.  I find myself in situations where I'm gonna practice yoga and then I get interrupted.  By the time I'm done dealing with whatever interruption it was, it's close to dinnertime so I bag the exercise for the next day.  So why can't i just get up early and do it? Well, I know me.  I'm stiffer in the morning and I cherish the time I have in bed with my husband. Just laying there and taking my time to wake up is so nice and special.  If I didn't have to work 9-5, I could practice in the morning (that's the mind chatter ranting).  so why can't i just quit my day job? because you have bills to pay (that's so very true right now. got debt to leverage and minimize). 

it's this vicious cycle of "why can't I" and "because this and that" patterns. I know what I have to do and I'm clear about it.  Yes, I don't always want to do it, but I do.  It's a paradox and so contradictory I want to scream!

2 comments:

Stella said...

My goodness! I HEAR this. Maybe it's something in the moon or energy of the earth (am I trying to place blame somewhere else?) The past two days have been pretty old school--just when I thought I was breaking some habits. I think it's natural to have to gear up to do things again and start habits over.

Good luck friend! I'd like to hear more about your gluten cleanse too if you have a chance!

Unknown said...

thanks for the comments! the cleanse is going well. I'm on day 4 and the cravings are subsiding a bit, so that's a relief! i'm going out to dinner tonite with some family and we're going for italian of all food! Ha! but that's okay because i found some nice substitutes on their menu that will work fine. again, i'm not freaking out about it. i'm doing my best ;-)